Decisions regarding student and staff dress require the careful balance of the individual’s right to self-expression and the school’s responsibility to ensure a safe, caring and respectful learning environment. Balancing individual freedom and social convention makes it difficult to provide a set of precise criteria. Instead, we ask that all members of the school community dress in ways that show respect for themselves and for others. Please ensure that your child dresses appropriately for school. This includes gym strip. We ask that:
- shorts and skirts be at least mid thigh length
- tank tops have wide straps and not be low cut or expose the midriff
- all underwear is actually “under” wear and hidden by outer clothing
- pants be high waisted enough and shirts long enough to keep covered lower backs and fronts
- Thank you for your cooperation.